The current pandemic has wreaked havoc across the world and as unemployment rises, so too do the crime figures, with housebreaking being a major issue. We all need to review our home security once in a while, and with that in mind, here are a few tips to improve your home security in 2021.
- Bespoke Security Screens – Take a look at the stunning security screens in Mandurah and you’ll see how the screens do not detract from the visual appeal of the property, yet offer 100% protection. Bespoke solutions ensure a perfect fit and the design choices include rich colours, protecting your home while also acting as a deterrent.
- Video Surveillance – The cost of a few digital cameras and a hard drive has come down a great deal and for a few hundred dollars, you can create the best deterrent to the average thief. The opportunist burglar is not looking for any confrontation and seeing the cameras would be enough to send them looking for an easier property, of which there are many.
- Keyless Access Control – If you would like to move with the times and upgrade your home to the smart age, why not have a keyless access control system installed? Electronic locking systems are notoriously difficult to crack and you and your family all have passwords, or you could go a step further and have a fingerprint scanner pad installed.
- Motion Sensor Exterior Lighting – Inexpensive, this will automatically turn on the lights when a person approaches and the system doesn’t recognise pets! This also makes walking around the garden at night a safer experience and you are not wasting energy, rather conserving it and providing a deterrent to the would-be intruder. If you were creeping across a lawn in the middle of the night with the intention of breaking in, what would you do when the entire garden is suddenly illuminated?
- Security Peephole – Ideal for apartment dwellers, they work on any type of door and give you the ability to see who is at the other side of the door. You could even add an intercom that allows you to talk with the person and if you seek out your local locksmith, he would have all the solutions.
All of the above tips would make your home more secure and we all need to do what we can to keep our property secure in these troubling times.