One of the most useful natural industrial products is bitumen, but you might know it as asphalt, depending on where you live. Bitumen can be found in many places in the world, like the Alberta Tar Sands in Canada. When combined with rocks or aggregate, it makes a very useful material for building roads, paths, and driveways. If you are considering a landscaping project or a driveway. You should consider asphalt because it has so many benefits. Here is a look at some of them.
- Affordable: Asphalt is one of the most affordable paving products. When it comes to making a driveway or a path around your house, asphalt is not much more expensive than fancy gravel. If you are interested in the cost of asphalt for your own project. You can search for asphalt services in Brisbane on the Internet.
- Seamless: Part of the beauty of asphalt is the fact that it can be formed into whatever shaped path you desire. And even if there are breaks in construction, the end result will be a seamless black surface. This is especially useful to keep down road noise and vibrations on the highway and the racetrack. But on your own driveway, you probably won’t drive fast enough to notice.
- Durability: Asphalt is not a strong structural material. It bends much easier than concrete. But the flexibility of it is an advantage. It forms itself to the surface below, and if that surface changes slightly, instead of cracking, asphalt usually stays connected. This is helpful in areas with softer soils. Asphalt is also long-lasting; a professional application can be expected to last 20 years or more. And asphalt requires very little maintenance. Mostly it just needs to be kept clean.
- Ease of Application: Although not considered a DIY product, asphalt is relatively simple to apply. A professional crew with the appropriate equipment can do large areas of paving in a day. The preparation for paving can take much longer than the actual laying down of the material.
- Eco-Friendly: Asphalt is one of the world’s most recycled products. The bitumen and aggregate can be put back into use repeatedly, with the addition of heat and a little fresh material.
Where would we be without asphalt, the nations of the world are connected by its black ribbons. Would we have advanced so far if it did not exist? This material is the perfect road-building platform, and it can be the best choice for your projects as well.